As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
Leveraging player expectations as a core design ingredient, The Messenger is first presented as an 8-bit action platformer with a simple story only to turn into an epic time travelling tale, eventually revealing itself as a 16-bit Metroidvania packed with replay value and deadpan humor.
– Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
– Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
– Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
– A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
– Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.